Articles & Publications
The Law of Privacy and the Media 3rd Edition
By Justin Rushbrooke QC, Godwin Busuttil, Adam Wolanski, Jonathan Barnes, Adam Speker, Richard Munden, Victoria Simon-Shore, Felicity McMahon, Chloe Strong, Gervase de Wilde, Julian Santos & Yuli Takatsuki
Date of Publication: 21 Jan 2016
The new edition of Tugendhat and Christie: The Law of Privacy and the Media
Edited by: Dr Nicole Moreham and Sir Mark Warby.
- The leading reference work on the law of privacy in England and Wales.
- Frequently referred to in argument in privacy cases, and extracts have been cited with approval in judgments of the High Court and Courts of Appeal.
- Written by a specialist team of academics, judges and practising lawyers from the UK and abroad, under the editorial direction of Sir Mark Warby and Dr Nicole Moreham.
- Offers detailed, practical, and authoritative guidance for practitioners and academics working on cases relating to media privacy law.
New to this Edition:
- Updated with important developments including the Leveson Report, Von Hannover (No.2) and Axel Springer, Trimingham and similar cases in the domestic courts
- Greater coverage of online publication including the E-Commerce Regulations, and a new chapter on new media
- Greater discussion of rules regarding anonymity in court proceedings, the awarding of interim injunctions, the interplay between defamation and privacy, and the interplay between Strasbourg and the domestic courts
- New coverage of phone-hacking and other intrusive and surreptitious means of acquiring information, harassment, and social media and their implications for privacy
Consultant Editors: Sir Michael Tugendhat and Iain Christie.
5RB Contributors: Matthew Nicklin QC, Justin Rushbrooke QC, Nigel Abbas, Jonathan Barnes, Stephen Bate, Godwin Busuttil, Felicity McMahon, Richard Munden, Julian Santos, Victoria Shore, Adam Speker, Chloe Strong, Yuli Takatsuki, Gervase de Wilde, Adam Wolanski.
G The Privacy Codes (extracts)