15 May 2008
Hurley and Grant win privacy claim
Photo agencies apologise and pay damages for Maldives holiday snaps
Actress Elizabeth Hurley, her husband Arun Nayur, and actor Hugh Grant today received an apology, £25,000 in damages and payment of their legal costs from photographic agencies Big Pictures Ltd and Eliot Press SARL for photographs taken of them holidaying in the
In October last year, Eliot Press obtained covertly taken photographs of Ms Hurley, Mr Nayur and Mr Grant on holiday in a private resort. Ms Hurley’s son, to whom Grant is godfather, was also present. Photographs of the group appeared in the News of the World and The Mail on Sunday and were also offered to a number of other newspapers and celebrity magazines.
Separate claims against the newspapers were settled by agreement, but proceedings were brought against the photographic agencies.
In a Statement in
In total, the three have now received £58,000 in damages for the photographs.
- Statement in Open Court
- Hugh Grant, Elizabeth Hurley and Arun Nayar settle privacy claim - Schillings
- Actor Grant wins privacy damages - BBC
- Grant and Hurley win privacy payout - Guardian
- Grant and Hurley win privacy battle - ITN
- Hugh Grant, Liz Hurley and Arun Nayer win court case - Mirror
- Liz Hurley and Hugh Grant get £58000 damages over photographs - Telegraph