6 Dec 2007
Privacy payout for Sienna Miller
Actress settles for £37,500 in damages over publication of nude photographs
Sienna Miller has accepted £37,500 in compensation from Newsgroup Newspapers and Xposure Photo Agency Ltd following the publication of nude photographs of the actress in the News of the World and The Sun.
The settlement amount is thought to be the largest payout in a privacy action for photographic invasion of privacy. The photographs were taken while Ms Miller was filming nude scenes for her new film Hippie Hippie Shake.
In addition to the compensation, Newsgroup Newspapers and Xposure Photo Agency have undertaken not to republish any of the photographs in question, and to delete all copies of the photographs.
A privacy action against the individual photographer is on-going. Ms Miller has issued an application for default judgment, which is likely to be heard in January 2008.
- Sienna Miller wins privacy payout - BBC
- Tabloids in damages payout to Miller - Channel 4
- Sienna Miller wins payout from Sun and News of the World - Guardian
- Miller wins biggest payout for invasion of privacy - Independent
- Sienna Miller settles with News Group and agency in privacy battle - Press Gazette