21 Sep 2005
5RB tops annual Legal 500 Review
17 barristers named as leaders in their field
The annual Legal 500 review of the legal profession has named 5RB as a leading set both in Defamation & Privacy and Media & Entertainment Law.
The independent survey praised the set for its "superb portfolio of silks and juniors". 5RB came equal top in Defamation & Privacy whilst in Media & Entertainment Law it ranked alongside 8 New Square and came second only to Blackstone Chambers.
The annual review also named seventeen 5RB barristers (including all six QCs) as leaders in the field of Defamation & Privacy, Media & Entertainment Law and/or Intellectual Property: more than any other Chambers in these fields.
- Desmond Browne QC was said to be "a real rottweiler" and "without equal at the libel bar"
- James Price QC was described as a "superb all-rounder".
- Adrienne Page QC was praised as "a star at the Bar".
- Mark Warby QC was rated as a "thorough, practical and polished advocate".
- Patrick Milmo QC and Richard Parkes QC were also recognised as leading QCs in the field.
- Stephen Bate, named as one of the pre-eminent Media & Entertainment barristers was said to be "knowledgeable, enthusiastic and proactive".
- Madeleine Heal was said to have "a strong reputation for applying her considertable soft IP expertise to the entertainment, media and sport sector".
- David Sherborne was rated for his "sound advice" and being "excellent with clients"
- Justin Rushbrooke was described as "one of the very best juniors at the libel bar"
- Matthew Nicklin was praised as "a good fighter".
- Adam Speker was described as "a careful thinker on legal issues" and was praised for his "excellent attention to detail".
- Other juniors to be recognised as leaders in their field were Alexandra Marzec, Jonathan Barnes, Godwin Busuttil, Adam Wolanski & William Bennett.