COVID-19 update: 5RB is open for business and continues in full operation. All of our barristers are able to attend hearings and meetings with clients via telephone or video conference software. Click here for further details.
- We are a leading set of media and communications law barristers with a proven track-record in defamation, privacy, data protection, harassment, blackmail, intellectual property, and all related fields.
- We have acted in most of the recent significant cases in these areas.
- We offer depth of talent from our junior barristers to our best-known QCs.
- We have an excellent and well-respected clerking team.
- We write and contribute to the leading textbooks in our field: Gatley on Libel and Slander; Tugendhat and Christie: The Law of Privacy and the Media, Arlidge, Eady & Smith on Contempt, Borrie & Lowe: The Law of Contempt and The Law of Photography and Digital Images; and edit the leading specialist law reports, the Entertainment and Media Law Reports.