Twenty barristers recommended across core practice areas
The annual Legal 500 review of the legal profession has named 5RB as a leading set in Defamation & Privacy and Media & Entertainment Law and noted its expertise in both Intellectual Property and Sports Law.
The independent survey praised the set for its “outstanding” leaders, but also “for the quality of junior counsel and the excellent clerking”. 5RB came equal top in Defamation & Privacy whilst in Media & Entertainment Law it ranked alongside 8 New Square and came second only to Blackstone Chambers.
The annual review also named 20 5RB barristers (including all six QCs) as leaders in the field, more than any other Chambers in these fields.
- Desmond Browne QC was said to be “famous” and “acclaimed for inspiring confidence”.
- James Price QC was described as “at the top of his game”.
- Adrienne Page QC was praised for her “skill, commitment and bravery”.
- Mark Warby QC “commands a great deal of respect for his sports practice.”
- Patrick Milmo QC and ‘true gentleman’ Richard Parkes QC were also recognised as leading QCs.
- Stephen Bate, named as one of the pre-eminent Media & Entertainment barristers, was said to enjoy “an excellent reputation”.
- Andrew Monson was described as a “cool customer” delivering “down to earth, sound advice”.
- Alexandra Marzec was commended for her “sensitivity and thought”.
- Madeleine Heal was recommended for her “IP-related work in the entertainment, media and sport sector”.
- David Sherborne was rated for being “versatile” and “quick on his feet”.
- Justin Rushbrooke was described as “deservedly a high-ranking individual”.
- Matthew Nicklin was described as “‘very bright, good on his feet and highly articulate”.
- Other juniors recognised as leaders in their field were Jonathan Barnes, Godwin Busuttil, Adam Wolanski, William Bennett, Sara Mansoori and Adam Speke