Manchester half day conference
6th February 2019
Manchester Art Gallery, Mosley Street, Manchester M2 3JL
£50.00 + VAT
Join us in Manchester in February when we present an update on the latest issues in our specialist areas of defamation, privacy, data protection, harassment and social media.
- Leaders in their field hear from leading practitioners and share their day to day experiences at the coal face of media and communications law
- Practical The conference uses illustrative case studies
- Insights valuable defamation, privacy and data protection law updates
- Hospitality register and enjoy lunch with your peers, enjoy a private tour of the Gallery and an evening drinks reception in Gallery 16.
- Value excellent value as supported by specialist insurers Hiscox,
Who should attend
- Media and communications law solicitors
- In-house data protection lawyers
- In-house media lawyers
- In-house counsel
- Any solicitor hoping to gain an understanding of this discrete area of law and how it affects them and their clients.
Registration & lunch (private tours will run concurrently)
Welcome and introduction to the day
1.30 – 1.35
1.35 – 2.20
Privacy and data protection update
2.20 – 3.20
Afternoon tea/coffee break
3.20 – 3.40
Case Study – How to cope with a data breach
3.40 – 4.40
4.40 – 5.00
5.00 + Drinks & canapes
Reception in Gallery 1, private tours will run concurrently
17.00 – 19.00
Conference5RB could not offer the same value without the support of specialist international insurer Hiscox. Hiscox have been providing insurance solutions to clients in the media, entertainment and creative industries since 1995. Their tailor-made policies cover a wide range of risks, including media liability, TV & Film errors and omissions, as well as professional indemnity for creative agencies. Solutions for private clients include home and contents insurance, luxury/classic car, overseas homes, and fine art insurance. Alongside their comprehensive offering for these more traditional risks, they offer cutting edge solutions for emerging exposures like personal and commercial cyber, kidnap and ransom, and security incident response. Find out more at www.hiscox.co.uk.
Tickets are £50.00 + VAT including lunch and an evening reception. A private gallery tour is also available at no extra charge.