Decision in Telegraph libel case
Mr Justice Eady has given judgment in George Galloway’s libel action against The Daily Telegraph. The judge found that the newspaper had seriously libelled the MP and awarded him £150,000 in damages.
For a copy of the judgment – together with a case report – click here.
5RB‘s James Price QC and Matthew Nicklin (instructed by Dechert) represented The Daily Telegraph.
- Galloway wins libel case against Telegraph – The Guardian
- Galloway lashes out at Telegraph – The Guardian
- Galloway wins Saddam libel case – BBC News
- Galloway Libel Case Reaches Court – 5RB News Item
- At court with George – The Guardian